- This event has passed.
Latin American Research Symposium
February 15, 2019 | 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The 6th Latin American Research Symposium, which will be held on February 15th, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. at Talley Student Union.
LASA’s Research Symposium is the best opportunity we have to showcase Latin American research, hosted by Graduate students, Professors, post-doctoral fellows, and others conducting research within the US. It is a great chance to connect, exchange ideas with fellow students and faculty and network with academic members in the Triangle Area working in common areas of expertise. In addition, it is an excellent chance to increase your experience in public speaking, science communication to the public, professional and oral presentation skills.
All you need is to fill out some basic information about yourself, the title of your presentation and abstract submission in the following Online Abstract Submission Form form:
Please consider that abstracts of 300 words or less MUST be submitted completing the Online Abstract Submission Form on or prior to February 1st, 2019 (no late submissions will be accepted). Submitted abstracts should cover the following sections:
- Introduction: Provide the background or statement of the problem (1 sentence).
- Purpose: State the purpose or objectives of the study (1 sentence).
- Methods: State the methodology used in the study (3-5 sentences).
- Results: Briefly summarize results obtained in the study. Do not include tables or figures in the abstract submission, these can be used in the poster presentation (2-5 sentences).
- Significance: State the importance of the findings to specific area of study (1-2 sentences)
The best research posters, judged by NC State Faculty and Staff, as well as a People’s Choice Award will be offered with corresponding Certificates with curricular value.