Office of Global Engagement Calendar
WomenNC Local-to-Global Leadership Training Program Info Session
- This event has passed.
August 23 | 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
WomenNC, a local non-profit organization is bringing their unique Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) Local-to-Global-to-Local Leadership Training Program to NC State. WomenNC’s CSW Program offers a one-of-a-kind opportunity to NC College and University students that includes conducting an original research project under the professional mentorship of the RTI Global Gender Center staff, formulating policy recommendations based upon their research, presenting their findings to local elected officials to educate them on important community issues, sharing their research with a community audience of 200+, and culminating in a week-long trip to New York to attend the CSW session at the United Nations in March, during which they present their research to a global audience. North Carolina State University has agreed to sponsor two (2) students for the 2018-2019 academic year. Students have no financial obligations to participate in this opportunity. After submitting applications by August 30, 2018, WomenNC will review all applications submitted by NC State students, invite top applicants for an interview on September 15, and ultimately select two (2) students from NC State to participate in the CSW Leadership Training program from September 2018-April 2019.
- There will be an information session on Thursday, August 23 at 7:00-8:00 in the Women’s Center in Talley.
- The application for this opportunity can be found here. Applications are due by August 30, 2018 at 11:59 PM.
- To learn more about this experience, visit the website and watch this short introductory video.
- Please contact Melissa Peters, WomenNC Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions, concerns, or need any additional information.
- August 23
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Talley Student Union Womens Center