Global Student Resources & Admissions
NC State University boasts the largest international student population in the state of North Carolina, home to over 6,000 international students from 129 different countries. International students are a key part of the vibrant Wolfpack community and integral to the university’s mission of developing global leaders for social, economic and technological change. Multiple support offices and positions exist solely to assist international students through their entire academic career, from admissions and visa processing, to academic and sponsored student support, to on-going immigration and travel advice and post-graduate employment authorization. NC State welcomes international applicants and families to learn more about NC State, our academic programs, and the Wolfpack community.
Our campus is located in the heart of the state’s capital city, Raleigh, a community continuously ranked on national “best” lists for jobs, food, growth and affordability. Raleigh’s growth and vibrant cultural community make it one of the country’s most exciting places to live right now! Located near Research Triangle Park (RTP), the largest research park in the United States, and with more than 75 corporate partners on-campus, the opportunities for internships and post-graduate employment are limitless. Many of our students find employment with multinational companies like SAS, Apple, Amazon, Google, Credit Suisse, Facebook, Bayer, GlaxoSmithKline, Syngenta, IBM and LexisNexis. With attractive career opportunities and a flourishing, engaged community, there is no better place to start your future than NC State!
- #1 Best Big City in the Southeast (Time, ’16)
- #1 Best College for your Money in North Carolina (Money, ’20)
- #2 Best Place to Live in the U.S. (U.S. News, ’21)
- #2 Best City to Live In (Money, ’18)
- #2 Hot-spot for Tech Jobs (Forbes, ’16)
- #5 Best Place for Young Professionals (U.S. News, ’21)
- #6 Best Value among Public Universities (U.S. News)
- Top 10 Coolest Places to Eat (Forbes, ’18)
Learn More About NC State
- Virtual Tours: Check out NC State’s Main Campus, Centennial Campus and Centennial Biomedical Campus.
- Parents and Families Services: Keeping families connected and informed.
- Sponsored Students Programs: Office provides hands-on support and mentoring for financially sponsored students.
- Cross-Cultural Programs: Office of International Services hosts programs for international students, scholars, and their families.
- Global Student Organizations: Student-led organizations focused on global themes or groups. Find one to join today!
- On-campus housing (and virtual tours) and off-campus housing options
- Interfaith Prayer and Meditation Spaces: Providing safe, semi-private spaces on campus for individual spiritual and religious activities.
Immigration and Employment
- Applying for a Visa 101: Know how to apply when the time comes.
- Office of International Services: NC State’s immigration support office for international students and scholars.
- On-Campus Employment: Learn eligibility and restrictions for on-campus employment.
- Internships: Learn what kinds of off-campus work international students qualify for and how to apply, both during your program and after graduation.
- Professional Development: The Graduate School hosts programs to help students grow professionally.
- Career Development Center: Helping students become standout job candidates in their chosen field.