2018 Request for Proposals
Up to 12 NC State faculty members will be selected to participate in the program to take place at the University of Surrey in Guilford, U.K. the week of April 9, 2018. Funding for the program will be largely subsidized by NC State Global for the selected cohort, with departmental matching funds encouraged. Read the full request for proposals for additional details.
NC State Global strives to promote faculty and staff global scholarship and research across the university’s colleges and departments. NC State has been part of the University Global Partnership Network (UGPN), a growing global consortium with members in the U.K., Australia and Brazil since 2011. The consortium includes NC State, the University of Surrey, the University of Wollongong and the University of São Paulo. The group meets annually to discuss collaborative opportunities including joint research and scholarship, graduate student training, and the flagship Research Collaboration Fund. The annual UGPN Meeting for 2018 will be hosted by our U.K. partner (the University of Surrey) the week of April 9 (exact dates TBD).
- Participants will learn about the background, mission & vision, resources and opportunities for collaboration within the UGPN.
- Participants will explore program development and research collaboration opportunities with faculty from the four UGPN member institutions.
- Participants will present about research activities in concurrent workshops.
- September 14, 2017 – Request for Proposals Announced
- October 20, 2017 – Proposal Deadline
- November 10, 2017 – Selected Participants Notified
- Week of April 9, 2018 – Program Dates in Guildford, U.K.
Request for Proposals:
- Download the full 2018 Global Symposium RFP
Office of Global Engagement
firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 515-3201