I would like to welcome our new and returning students, faculty, and staff to the worldwide Wolfpack family. We’re about to embark on a new academic year, and we know there will be unique challenges and opportunities for our NC State community whether you’re on campus or at home somewhere else in the world.
As the Office of Global Engagement prepares for the start of the fall semester, our division is working hard in continuing to adapt our programs and operations to this new – but temporary – normal for international higher education. This pandemic has undoubtedly touched every facet of our lives as both educators and global citizens.
Our division remains focused on cultivating excellence in the areas of global engagement as it relates to our students, faculty, and staff. We are committed to:
- Providing leadership and central support to enhance global engagement at home and abroad.
- Developing focused strategic partners for enhancing global engagement.
- Enhancing student academic success by integrating global perspectives and internationally engaged learning experiences into programs on campus and abroad.
- Promoting faculty and staff global scholarship and research.
- Increasing global extension, engagement and economic development activities.
The way we accomplish these goals will look very different this fall, but our staff are creative problem solvers. They’ve already been working hard throughout the summer to shift programs and resources online and stand ready to make additional changes as needed. As international travel may be prohibited, we are developing more virtual exchange programs and collaborative teaching with partner universities, virtual internship opportunities, and more global learning programs at home by engaging students from different backgrounds, international students and scholars as well as our local communities.
We will continue to update the NC State community via the GlobalEyes newsletter on a biweekly basis when the semester starts. We wish everyone a safe and healthy start to the new semester.
Senior Vice Provost for Global Engagement