International Affairs Staff Recognized at Awards for Excellence
Several International Affairs team members were recognized during a reception with Provost Arden on Thursday, March 31, 2016 for their respective nominations to the Provost Unit’s 2016 University Awards for Excellence program. Congratulations to Megan Winzeler, recipient of the Provost Unit’s 2016 Awards for Excellence. Carl Thomas and Kelia Hubbard were nominated from the Office of International Services. They were among eleven nominees from departments across the Provost Unit. In acknowledging their high level of professionalism and valued contributions to NC State, Provost Arden asserted, “your sustained efforts demonstrate your commitment to excellence and contribute to our mission and vision.”
The University Awards for Excellence program is designed to recognize the accomplishments and achievements of permanent SPA and EPA employees who do not hold faculty rank. NC State University Awards for Excellence candidates are nominated in one of the following categories: Customer Service, Efficiency and Innovation, Heroism, Human Relations, Outstanding State Government Service, Public Service and Spirit of North Carolina.
- Office of International Affairs, Efficiency and Innovation Category
- As Communications and Media Specialist for the Office of International Affairs, Megan works diligently to promote greater awareness of NC State’s international programs and our comprehensive internationalization strategy to constituencies across the University as well as wider Triangle community and beyond. Megan possesses a strong dedication to international education and contributes to the development of International Affairs’ online, digital and social media presence. Her attention to detail in event planning, management of branding and marketing as well as unit assessment and business continuity are reflected in the improved and increasing recognition of International Affairs as the University’s center for global engagement.
- Office of International Services, Human Relations Category
- As Assistant Director for Advising in the Office of International Services (OIS), Kelia displays a deep understanding of the complicated network of partnerships, OIS policies and procedures, and institutional landscape that enables her to perform at the dedicated professional that she is. Kelia assesses the needs of a situation and the skills, strengths, and need for self-actualization of her teammates and does an excellent job utilizing each to full capacity.
- Office of International Services, Efficiency and Innovation Category
- As Coordinator and Office Manager, Carl has actively sought out ways to improve the services and efficiency of the unit. He has improved functions at the front desk by providing consistency in communications with OIS staff, training student workers and updating the office’s intake process. Carl’s sincere yet calm demeanor is reflected in his interactions with all constituents, particularly the student population.