Chancellor Randy Woodson issued a response to the January 27th Executive Order on Immigration, saying “Our universities are daily enriched and strengthened by the talent, insight and culture that international students, faculty and staff bring to our campuses.” International Affairs remains deeply dedicated to NC State’s mission of responding to the needs of our community while promoting globally engaged research, education and economic development. Our goal is to equip students, faculty, staff and communities with the global knowledge, cultural understanding, skills and experience to be successful in our global economy. At NC State, International Affairs is committed to these goals and to enhance the rich cultural diversity that makes the Wolfpack community so strong.
The field of International Education is working to reinforce the support of international students, scholars, faculty and staff. While the impact at NC State is still unclear, we have compiled a list of resources and action items in response to the recent events.
Resources & Responses:
- Response from Chancellor Randy Woodson
- Statement from the Association of Public & Land-Grant Universities (APLU)
- Response and Resources from NAFSA: The Association of International Educators
- For questions regarding student visas, contact our Office of International Services
- For questions regarding employment, contact the Office of International Employment