A delegation from Beijing Forestry University, led by President Lizhe An, visited NC State this week to promote more collaboration and exchange with faculty, staff and students. Renewal of the Memorandum of Understanding between our two universities provides a broad framework for active cooperation.
Faculty and staff in the College of Natural Resources as well as the Office of Global Engagement identified areas of complementary interest for further development both in research as well as academic programs across forestry, biomaterials, and plant genetics.
Beijing Forestry University can trace its origin as a part of Peking University College Agricultural Sciences beginning in the 1890s. The university excels in providing education in the fields of forestry, ecology, and environmental sciences. Its 14 schools provide undergraduate, master’s and doctoral graduate degrees to more than 25,000 students.
The delegation from Beijing Forestry University included:
- Prof. Lizhe An, President
- Prof. Zhiming Yu, Dean, School of Materials Science and Technology
- Prof. Youzhu Pang, Secretary, School of Biological Sciences and Technology
- Prof. Deqiang Zhang, Director of International Relations Office
- Mr. Xiangbin Kong, Chief of International Affairs, International Relations Office
Learn about our other partners in the Global Partners Database.