A cohort of undergraduate students responsible for promoting global learning and helping to further the mission of the Office of Global Engagement.
What are Global Ambassadors?
Global Ambassadors are the student-led force behind Global Engagement on campus. They are the future global leaders of tomorrow, who are interested in helping to plan and facilitate campus programs dedicated to cross-cultural sharing and campus internationalization. Global Ambassadors support the Office of Global Engagement in bringing global perspectives and insights home to Raleigh and providing their peer students with opportunities to advance their international knowledge, cultural understanding, skills and experience they need to succeed in the global economy. Over the course of their term, students will gain valuable hands-on leadership experience as well as receive career development training.
- Developing, planning and executing Global Engagement nights
- Collaborating with the Office of Global Engagement and its campus partners on programs like the Global Film Series
- Planning, promoting and executing of events
- Attending a monthly meeting with the Office of Global Engagement staff
- Dedicating 3-5 hours per month to attending Global Engagement events
- Being liaisons between key campus partners and the Office of Global Engagement
- Using social media and other platforms to promote globally focused events
The Global Ambassadors Program is only offered to students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program.
We are seeking students from diverse backgrounds who have an interest in engaging different world cultures. This program is open to students of all colleges and degrees.
The ideal Global Ambassador is someone who is dependable, organized with good time management skills and a passion to connect NC State with the world.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity.
Global Ambassadors receive a wide array of benefits from participating in this program.
- Event planning
- Leadership training
- Professional development
- Interaction with senior administration
Applications for the 2020-21 academic year will open in Spring 2020. Please check back then for more information.