Global Ambassadors are the student-led force behind Global Engagement on campus. They are the future global leaders of tomorrow, who are interested in helping to plan and facilitate campus programs dedicated to cross-cultural sharing and campus internationalization. Global Ambassadors support the Office of Global Engagement in bringing global perspectives and insights home to Raleigh and providing their peer students with opportunities to advance their international knowledge, cultural understanding, skills, and experience they need to succeed in the global economy. Over the course of their term, students will gain valuable hands-on leadership experience as well as receive career development training.
Global Ambassador Applications have closed for the 2022-23 academic year. Please thoroughly review the information listed on this page for qualifications, responsibilities, and benefits.
|Megan Amend||Senior||Agricultural Education|
|Jake Andrichuk||Sophomore||International Studies|
|Emma Coram**||Senior||International Studies and Business Administration|
|Ivelys Garcia Sanabria||Sophomore||Economics & International Studies|
|Lucas Mallison**||Senior||Industrial Engineering & International Studies|
|Khing Masaya-anon||Sophomore||Biological and Agricultural Engineering|
|Enzo Molina**||Senior||Chemistry & Biological Sciences|
|Mahin Mughal**||Senior||Design Studies|
|Allison Potter||Senior||Communications & Spanish|
|Kiran Soma||Junior||Communications & Chemistry|
|Sommer Stephens**||Senior||Animal Science|
|Seira Terada||Senior||Chemical Engineering|
|Joshua Wasserman||Senior||International Studies & Spanish|
- Developing, planning and executing Global Engagement nights
- Collaborating with the Office of Global Engagement and its campus partners on programs like the Global Film Series
- Planning, promoting and executing of events
- Volunteering day-of with other campus global events, such as tabeling.
- Attending a monthly meeting with the Office of Global Engagement staff
- Dedicating 3-5 hours per month to attending Global Engagement events
- Being liaisons between key campus partners and the Office of Global Engagement
- Using social media and other platforms to promote globally focused events
The Global Ambassadors Program is only offered to students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program.
We are seeking students from diverse backgrounds who have an interest in engaging different world cultures. This program is open to students of all colleges and degrees.
The ideal Global Ambassador is someone who is dependable, organized with good time management skills and a passion to connect NC State with the world.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity.
Global Ambassadors receive a wide array of benefits from participating in this program.
- Event planning
- Leadership training
- Professional development
- Networking with current and former Ambassadors
- Certificate & Graduation Cords
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity
Students selected as Global Ambassadors serve for the entire academic year. Each year the application process is competitive and consists of an online application, short essays, and a virtual interview.
Applications for the 2022-23 Global Ambassadors have closed.