Global Ambassadors are the student-led force behind Global Engagement on campus. They are the future global leaders of tomorrow, who are interested in helping to plan and facilitate campus programs dedicated to cross-cultural sharing and campus internationalization. Global Ambassadors support the Office of Global Engagement in bringing global perspectives and insights home to Raleigh and providing their peer students with opportunities to advance their international knowledge, cultural understanding, skills, and experience they need to succeed in the global economy. Over the course of their term, students will gain valuable hands-on leadership experience as well as receive career development training.
Applications for the 2023-2024 Academic Year have closed.
March 6 Information Session Recording
|Divia Batish||Senior||Human Biology|
|Natalia Best||Sophomore||International Studies|
|Julius DeVillo||Junior||Chemical Engineering|
|Allison Dobyns||Junior||Industrial & Systems Engineering|
|Macon Monday||Sophomore||English Literature|
|Emma Nugent||Senior||Business Administration & International Studies|
|Ashley Nuñez-Saenz||Sophomore||Political Science|
|Makayla Richardson||Sophomore||Business Administration & French|
|Natalie Spero||Senior||Chemical Engineering|
|Joshua Wasserman**||Senior||International Studies & Spanish|
- Attend monthly Global Ambassador meeting (Monday evenings)
- Develop, plan, and execute Global Engagement events
- Use social media and other platforms to promote globally focused events
- Work alongside the Office of Global Engagement and other units to promote Global Engagement on campus
The Global Ambassadors Program is only offered to students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program.
We are seeking students from diverse backgrounds who have an interest in engaging different world cultures. This program is open to students of all colleges and degrees.
The ideal Global Ambassador is someone who is dependable, organized with good time management skills and a passion to connect NC State with the world.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity.
Global Ambassadors receive a wide array of benefits from participating in this program.
- Exposure to all corners of international engagement on NCSU campus
- Professional skills development in event planning, marketing, and leadership
- Career mentoring from the Office of Global Engagement
- Networking with current and former ambassadors
- Certificate & graduation cords
Students selected as Global Ambassadors serve for the entire academic year. Each year the application process is competitive and consists of an online application, short essays, and a virtual interview.