Global Engagement Institute
The annual Global Engagement Institute (GEI) provides professional development opportunities for faculty and staff interested in developing research, scholarship or academic programs that strengthen and enhance NC State’s collaboration with global partners. Each year, a GEI cohort of up to 10 faculty and/or staff members is selected to participate in a variety of activities focusing on a world region or topical orientation. (Call for Proposals)
2022/23 Call for Proposals
The Office of Global Engagement is now accepting nominations for the 2022-23 Global Engagement Institute. The focus of the program for this year is expanding collaborations through the University Global Partnership Network (UGPN).
The UGPN is comprised of four universities – NC State, the University of São Paulo, Brazil, the University of Surrey, UK and the University of Wollongong, Australia – and promotes sustainable world-class research, education and knowledge transfer through an active international network of selected universities collaborating in research, learning and teaching to benefit global society.
Programming will include workshops, seminars, expert consultation and culminate with the UGPN Annual Conference hosted by the University of São Paulo in Brazil on May 29 to 31, 2023. The overall theme of the conference is Universities as Anchor Institutions: Local solutions, Global impact. The subtopics are related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals as follows: Smart Cities/Digital Society (SDGs 4 and 11), Tackling Social and Health Vulnerability (SDGs 1,2,3, 8 and 10) and Global Security Challenges (SDGs 11, 12, and 16).
Benefits to the Participant
- Structured experience to gain knowledge from NC State faculty and staff members engaged in the UGPN
- Professional development workshops/activities during the Spring semester
- Networking opportunities with other experienced global education leaders
- Funded travel (up to $2,500) to attend the UGPN conference
- Full-time permanent NC State faculty (all tracks) or EHRA professional staff are eligible for nomination to the Global Engagement Institute
- Announcement of Call for Nominations: October 5, 2022
- Deadline for Nominations: November 14, 2022
- Announcement of selected Global Engagement Institute members: November 18, 2022
- Lunch Orientation: December 9, 2022, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Office of Global Engagement
Email: email@example.com or (919) 515-3201