2019 Call for Nominations
Each year, we will select a cohort of up to 12 faculty and/or staff members to participate in a variety of professional development activities focusing on regional partnerships or university networks. For the 2019-2020 academic year, expanding academic and research collaboration through the University Global Partnership Network (UGPN) will be our focus. The UGPN is comprised of four universities – NC State, the University of São Paulo, Brazil, the University of Surrey, UK and the University of Wollongong, Australia – and aims to develop sustainable world-class research, education and knowledge transfer through an active international network of selected universities collaborating in research, learning and teaching to benefit global society.
Programming will include workshops, seminars, expert consultation and culminate with the UGPN Annual Conference hosted by the University of Wollongong in Australia on March 30 to April 1, 2020. We envision this to be a sustainable endeavor that will enable the participants to build active collaborations and develop leadership to support global engagement at NC State.
Benefits to the Participant:
- Structured experience to gain knowledge from NC State faculty or staff members
- Professional development workshops and activities throughout the academic year
- Networking opportunities with other experienced global education leaders
- Funded UGPN Annual Conference travel (up to $2,500) March 30-April 1, 2020
- Full-time permanent NC State faculty (all tracks) or EHRA professional staff are eligible for nomination to the Global Engagement Institute
- August 15, 2019 – Request for nominations announced
- October 11, 2019 – Deadline for nominations
- November 7, 2019 – Orientation and networking reception
Office of Global Engagement
firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 515-3201