The longstanding relationship between North Carolina State University and Nagoya University serves as a strategic partnership to leverage complementary strengths and inter-disciplinary scholarship in the advancement of research collaboration and academic exchanges. These awards are designed to provide pump-priming and early contact partner outreach with the expectation that they will lead to more substantive engagement.
Funds will support international travel and related activities leading to high-quality research collaboration. The intention is that these collaborations will result in high-quality outputs, such as workshops/seminars, research collaboration, exchanges of researchers and graduate students, publication of joint papers from collaborative research, or follow-on joint research bids.
2018-19 Proposal Timeline
- Proposal announcement – September 5, 2018
- Proposal deadline – 5:00 p.m. EST on October 30, 2018, 6:00 a.m. JST on October 31, 2018 by completing the online application. (Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.) Late submissions will not be considered.
- Funds available – December 1, 2018
2017 Funded Proposals
- Designing reconfigurable soft materials using light-activated rotational jamming
NC State PI: Lilian Hsiao, College of Engineering
Nagoya PI: Takeshi Kawasaki
- Towards Developing the Next Generation Biocatalysts for a Sustainable Global Chemical Industry
NC State PI: Reza Ghiladi, College of Sciences
Nagoya PI: Osami Shoji
- Development of Biomedical Engineering based on Micro-and Nanotechnology
NC State PI: Nancy Allbritton, College of Engineering
Nagoya PI: Yoshinobu Baba