This fund supports international activities leading to research collaborations between researchers at the University Global Partnership Network’s partner institutions. Network members are top universities around the world including The University of São Paulo in Brazil, University of Surrey in the United Kingdom and The University of Wollongong in Australia.
The annual fund of $240,000 has supported 35 international research projects to date. Awards support substantive engagement that leads to high-quality outputs — such as international research training for graduate students or early career faculty, publication of joint papers from collaborative research, or joint research bids.
2017 Funded Proposals
- Dr. Gavin Williams, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry
“Accelerating the discovery and manufacture of antibiotics via microbial engineering”
- Dr. Tiegang Fang, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
“Supercritical spray for dual fuel combustion”
- Dr. Cathrine Hoyo, Professor, Biological Sciences & Director, Epidemiology and Environmental Epigenomics Laboratory
“Resilience and diversity in early childhood development”
- Dr. Xiangwu Zhang, Professor, College of Textiles
“Flexible Functional Nano-Carbon Electrodes for Energy Devices”
- Dr. Mary Ann Lila, David H. Murdock Distinguished Professor, Department of Food, Bioprocessing and Nutrition Sciences and Director, Plants for Human Health Institute
Dr. Debora Esposito, Assistant Professor, Regenerative Medicine, Department of Animal Science
“Association of total mineral content and elemental speciation with the healing properties of berries”