2022 Call for Nominations
Nominations for the 2022 Distinguished Global Alumni Award have not opened yet. Please check back at a later date.
This award is administered by the Office of Global Engagement. The purpose is to honor alumni who were international students while here at NC State and have used their education to distinguish themselves through outstanding achievements.
Distinguished accomplishments may include helping to solve a global problem, contributing important new knowledge to their field, supporting the professional development of young people, achieving success in industry or innovation, or in other ways bringing distinction to themselves and NC State.
- Received a degree from NC State
- Was an international student while at NC State
- May currently live in the US or in another country
- Priority will be given to alumni who have contributed to NC State after graduation.
- Examples may include collaboration with current faculty or students, participation in a regional alumni club, or encouraging new students to attend NC State.
- Alumni who are current NC State faculty/staff are not eligible for this award, but instead should be nominated for either the Outstanding Global Engagement Award or the Jackson Rigney International Service Award.
- Deadline: TBD
- Award announcement & ceremony: April 20, 2022
- Alumni candidates must be nominated by others.
- Nominators may be alumni, non-alumni friends of NC State, or faculty, staff, or students at NC State.
- Both nominees and award recipients will be honored in the Alumni and Friends newsletter for alumni and friends of NC State. This newsletter is issued monthly by the Office of Global Engagement.
- A maximum of three award recipients will be selected per year.
If you have questions, please contact:
Associate Vice Provost for Global Engagement