Application and Fee Information
*Note the U.S. Department of State fees are payable by CHECK or MONEY ORDER only*
Having an application properly prepared and carefully submitted can greatly reduce the odds of it being returned or delayed. Forms are available in the Passport Services office, but you are strongly encouraged to download and complete your application form prior to coming to the office. Review the travel.state.gov website thoroughly before visiting Passport Services at NC State.
Please follow the links below for the appropriate application and fees, as well as detailed information about how to prepare for your appointment:
- First-Time Adult:
- First-time applicants and those who were last issued a minor (5-year) passport, carefully review the instructions outlined here before visiting the NC State Passport Services office.
- Minor Applicants:
- Children ages 15 and under cannot apply for a passport by themselves. Carefully review the instructions outlined here for minor applications before visiting the NC State Passport Services office.
- Children ages 16 and 17 will follow the instructions for a First-Time Adult, but should attend with one parent to show parental awareness.
- Naturalized Citizens:
- If you are a naturalized citizen, carefully review the instructions outlined here before visiting the NC State Passport Services office.
- Renewal Applicants:
- If you are renewing an ADULT passport, you may qualify for a renewal. Renewals can be submitted by the applicant through the mail and do not require an appointment at a passport acceptance facility. If you would like us to review your renewal application prior to mailing it, please plan to come in during our Walk-In hours. Carefully review the instructions outlined here for renewal applications.
Making an Appointment
All passport acceptance hours are by appointment-only, using an on-line calendar system. Make appointments using the link below. Each applicant requires a separate appointment. Official passport photos can be taken at the time of appointment. Please plan to arrive 10 – 15 minutes prior to your appointment time*
- Mondays, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Fridays, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
International Departure in Less Than Two (2) Weeks
As a Passport Acceptance Facility, we do not print passports. Your application is submitted and forwarded to a Passport Agency. If international departure in less than two (2) weeks, or passport is needed for foreign visas, application at a Regional Passport Agency may be advised. An appointment is required. Contact the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) toll free at 1-877-487-2778 (TDD: 1-888-874-7793) or by email at NPIC@state.gov. For online appointments: passportappointment.us
Walk-in Photo/ Renewal Hours
We offer special photo only hours for passport, visa photos, and OPT applications. Only US passport photos will be taken during this time; no appointment is needed. Additionally, applicants who qualify for the DS-82 renewal process are encouraged to attend the walk-in photo hours instead of booking an online appointment. These photos are $16.09 and payable by debit card, credit card or money order to NCSU Passport Services. If you need a specific international visa photo (i.e. Chinese, Japanese, UK) please email us at email@example.com for recommendations for other vendors.
- Mondays, 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Thursdays, 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Passport Services will be closed during University Official Holidays/Closings. View the calendar for a complete list of closings.
If you require a disability-related accommodations for your passport appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-515-2249 to arrange services. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time to meet your access needs. A minimum of two business days notice is required to ensure accommodation.
All fees are non-refundable. If photos taken at the NC State Passport Services office were rejected, we will re-take photos at no charge during our regular passport acceptance hours or during our photo only business hours.
Email is the preferred method of communication. Due to the high volume of calls, we may not be able to answer the phone or return voicemails.
Witherspoon is a 5-minute walk from the nearest parking deck.
Witherspoon Student Center, Room 321
2810 Cates Ave.
Raleigh, NC 27695
Make a real impact!
Help ensure that all NC State students, regardless of financial need, have access to life-changing international experiences.Global Giving