Application and Fee Information
*Each passport application MUST include either a CHECK or a MONEY ORDER*
- Adults (Non-Renewal):
- Either first-time applicants or those who do not qualify for a renewal (for example, if you were a minor when your last passport was issued to you), Carefully review these instructions before your appointment with us.
- Children ages 15 and under cannot apply for a passport by themselves.Carefully review these instructions before your appointment with us.
- Children ages 16 and 17 will follow the instructions for a First-Time Adult, but should attend with one parent to show parental awareness.
- Renewals (Adults ONLY):
- If you qualify for a Renewal, you can submit your own Renewal application yourself through the USPS mail; you are not required to visit a passport acceptance facility such as ours. Click here for instructions and to see whether you qualify for a Renewal. (If you do not meet all the qualifications for a Renewal, you will need to follow instructions above for the “Adult (non-renewal)”.)
ALL SERVICES BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
To make an appointment, keep reading then click red button:
- Each applicant requires a separate appointment.
- We can take official passport photos for you at the time of appointment.
- Please plan to arrive 10 – 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Forms are available in the Passport Services office, but you are strongly encouraged to download and complete your application form prior to coming to the office.
- We strongly encourage you to review the travel.state.gov website thoroughly before visiting Passport Services at NC State, particularly if you have any unusual circumstances or questions, so that you arrive to your appointment prepared with everything you need.
OUR OFFICE HAS MOVED!
OUR NEW LOCATION:
Talley Student Union, Suite 2123
2610 Cates Ave
Raleigh, NC 27695
PARKING (by credit card only):
Public Pay Lot at the intersection of Dan Allen and Cates Ave.
From the parking lot, walk 5-6 minutes down Cates Avenue to Talley Student Union.
Make an Appointment
IF YOU NEED YOUR NEW PASSPORT IN A HURRY:
Our office is an official Passport Acceptance Facility, just like many post offices. The fastest service any local Passport Acceptance Facility can offer is “Expedited Service”, which currently allows you to receive your passport within 4-6 weeks (for an additional $60 fee). If your travel plans require a new passport sooner than six weeks, you will likely need to go instead to a regional Passport Agency (instead of a local Passport Acceptance Facility like us) – the nearest Passport Agencies are in Washington, DC or Atlanta, GA, and appointments are required.
For more information, we urge you to always consult the Department of State’s official webpage travel.state.gov
Other websites can be misleading and sell unnecessary “expediting” services. Here is the Department of State’s webpage for getting a passport in a hurry: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast.html
You can also contact the Department of State’s official National Passport Information Center (NPIC) toll free at 1-877-487-2778 (TDD: 1-888-874-7793) or by email at NPIC@state.gov
If you require disability-related accommodations for your passport appointment, please contact email@example.com or 919-515-2249 to arrange services. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time to meet your access needs. A minimum of two business days notice is required to ensure accommodation.
All fees are non-refundable. If photos taken at the NC State Passport Services office are rejected, please contact us, bring the rejection letter from the Department of State, and we will re-take photos at no charge.
Email is the preferred method of communication. Due to the high volume of calls, we may not be able to answer the phone or return voicemails.
Talley Student Union
2610 Cates Ave
Raleigh, NC 27695
Our office is located on the Main Level of Talley Student Union (next to the OneCard office).
The simplest parking is by credit card only at the Public Pay Lot at the intersection of Dan Allen and Cates Ave: https://goo.gl/maps/JNjT9JUboz3hpK9v5
From the parking lot, we are a 5-6 minute walk straight down Cates Avenue.
Make a real impact!
Help ensure that all NC State students, regardless of financial need, have access to life-changing international experiences.Global Giving