The strategic partnership between the University of Adelaide (UA) and NC State is a preferred relationship that leverages complementary strengths and trans-disciplinary scholarship to advance research collaboration and academic exchange. UA and NC State are now accepting proposals for the development of research collaboration. Co-funding up to AU$10,000 from UA and the equivalent amount from NC State (approximately US$6,750) per project will be made available for travel and to seed collaboration.
This funding program is designed to provide pump-priming and early contact partner outreach with the expectation that they will lead to more substantive engagement resulting in high-quality outputs. Potential high-quality outputs include international research training for graduate students and/or early-career faculty, the publication of joint papers from collaborative research, or follow-on joint research funding bids.
- Defense, cyber, and space
- Agriculture and food security
- Global/One Health (human, animal, and environment)
- Materials and chemical engineering
Proposals may include the following collaborative activities:
- Workshops, guest lectures, and seminars on multidisciplinary research areas
- Video-conference seminars
- Development of joint industry-research collaborations with global impact
- Delivery of joint publications or other scholarly output
- Collection of preliminary data to strengthen a full proposal to an external funding agency
- Creation and support of joint resources such as websites, research collaboration sites, or other social networking tools to facilitate the dissemination of results