Job Title: Programs & Marketing Intern, Office of Global Engagement
Start Date: August 2021 – Commitment for 2021-22 Academic Year required (Potential to work limited hours over Summer 2021)
Reports to: David Hawley, Manager of Global Programming, Office of Global Engagement
Location: The internship will be in-person on campus, based out of Primrose Hall.
Job Description: The Office of Global Engagement – Programs and Marketing Intern will assist and support NC State Global staff with new and ongoing projects related to on-campus & virtual events, marketing and promotion, student engagement initiatives, and general office support. The Programs Intern will be expected to commit 10-15 hours per week. Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours for events as needed.
- Event planning for university-wide events such as the Global Film Series, Packapalooza, Global Engagement Exposition, International Education Month activities, Global Nights, etc. Events will take place on campus, as well as some virtual/hybrid.
- Provide logistical support for Sustainable Development Goals programming initiative, cultural events, assist with the promotion of events, and help recruit volunteers
- Assist with the coordination of the Global Ambassadors Program
- Designing flyers, billboard slides, and other marketing materials for events and unit initiatives
- Promote NC State Global and its events through online, as well as in-person efforts, such as on-campus tabling
- Coordination of NC State Global social media
- Provide administrative support and record minutes for Global Engagement Programmers Group meetings, and other meetings as needed
Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team requiring minimal supervision
- Experience with event planning, promotion, and coordination.
- Strong writing and computer skills, proficient in MS Office applications
- Candidates with design experience will be given a priority
- Open to currently enrolled undergraduate students only.
Please send questions or inquiries to David Hawley email@example.com
To Apply: Click on Apply Now to complete the application. with your resume and [optional] cover letter.
The application will open on 7/21/21 and will be open until the position is filled, we encourage you to apply early.