Job Title: Programs & Marketing Intern, Office of Global Engagement
Start Date: April 2020 (for training, done virtually). Option to work over Summer 2020. Commitment for 2020-21 Academic Year
Reports to: David Hawley, Manager of Global Programming, Office of Global Engagement
Job Description: The Office of Global Engagement – Programs and Marketing Intern will assist and support the Office of Global Engagement staff with new and ongoing projects related to on-campus events, marketing and promotion, student engagement initiatives, and general office support. The Programs Intern will be expected to commit 10-15 hours per week. Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours for events as needed.
- Event planning for university-wide events such as the Global Film Series, Packapalooza, Global Engagement Exposition, International Education Month activities, etc.
- Provide logistical support for cultural events, assist with the promotion of events, and help recruit volunteers
- Designing flyers, billboard slides, and other marketing materials for events and unit initiatives
- Promote NC State Global and its events through online, as well as in-person efforts, such as on-campus tabling
- Assist in the coordination of the Global Ambassadors
- Coordination of NC State Global social media
- Provide administrative support and record minutes for Global Engagement Programmers Group meetings, and other meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team requiring minimal supervision
- Experience with event planning, promotion, and coordination.
- Strong writing and computer skills, proficient in MS Office applications
- Candidates with design experience will be given a priority
Please send questions or inquiries to David Hawley firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: Click on Apply Now to complete the application. with your resume and [optional] cover letter.Apply Now