13 New Participants Join Global Engagement Institute
The Global Engagement Institute has thirteen new participants for the 2019-20 academic year. These faculty and staff interested in broadening their international work experience will now have the support of a professional development program with expert consultants, workshops tailored to their research, and a funded conference to collaborate with NC State’s strategic partners in Australia.
Each year, the Global Engagement Institute focuses on a specific world region or university network to focus its professional development activities. This year, the program will focus on expanding academic and research collaborations through the University Global Partnership Network.
The network is comprised of four universities – NC State, the University of São Paulo, Brazil, the University of Surrey, UK and the University of Wollongong, Australia – and aims to develop sustainable world-class research, education and knowledge transfer through an active international network of selected universities collaborating in research, learning, and teaching to benefit global society.
The following faculty and staff make up the 2019-20 Global Engagement Institute:
- Karen Bullock, Department of Social Work
- Julie Casani, Student Health Services
- Steven Frank, Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology
- Christopher Gunter, Department of Horticultural Science
- Helmut Hergeth, Department of Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management
- Micha Jeffries, Department of Teacher Education and Learning Sciences
- Nathalie Lavoine, Department of Forest Biomaterials
- Julia Law, Study Abroad Office
- Alun Lloyd, Department of Mathematics
- Lisa Marshall, Department of Nuclear Engineering
- Kelly Meiklejohn, Department of Population Health and Pathobiology
- Timothy Rose, Global Training Initiative
- Lewis Sheats, Department of Management, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
In past years, the program has traveled to the Czech Republic, the United Kingdom, and Uganda to connect and collaborate with NC State’s international partners.