Global Engagement Employees Honored At Awards Ceremony
Six employees from the Office of Global Engagement were honored by the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost at the Provost’s Unit Awards for Excellence on March 21.
The University Awards for Excellence represent the NC State’s highest honor for non-faculty members. Each nominee demonstrated excellence in one of the following areas: customer service, efficiency and innovation, human relations, outstanding state government service, public service, heroism, and the spirit of North Carolina.
The Office of Global Engagement’s nominees were:
- Mary Elmer, passport coordinator, Office of Global Engagement, Passport Services
- Irina Glabuchek, university program specialist, Office of Global Engagement, International Studies
- Anna Hayes, assistant director, Office of Global Engagement, Study Abroad
- Seth Parrish, assistant director for assessment and compliance, Office of Global Engagement, Study Abroad
- Hillary Stone, student services coordinator, Office of Global Engagement, Intensive English Program
- Alex Wesner, international advisor, Office of Global Engagement, International Services
This year’s award winner from the Office of Global Engagement is Irina Glabuchek, an immigration specialist in the Office of International Services. Glabuchek plays a key role in Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) compliance, a critical focus of the office.
A recent increase of federal regulations added significant reporting requirements for international students on a 24-month extension of post-completion practical training in STEM fields. Glabuchek responded by quickly evaluating the STEM OPT rule and NC State’s STEM OPT processes. Designing her new process around the office’s existing electronic archiving project, she implemented changes that improved the experience and support for international students who needed assistance in navigating the STEM OPT process.
Glabucheck received eight hours of paid leave, an engraved plaque and a check for $250. She will go on with other award winners to represent the Provost’s Office units at NC State’s University Awards for Excellence on June 11.