Welcome to the Wolfpack
It’s Wolfpack Welcome Week and we’re welcoming new and returning students from around the world. Over 1,700 new international students and program participants joined the Wolfpack this week to begin their educational journeys at NC State.
- The Office of International Services welcomed over 1,200 new international graduate students and approximately 200 undergraduate students to campus last week. NC State is home to the most diverse student body in North Carolina, with more international students enrolled than any other university in the state.
- The Study Abroad Office welcomes 112 incoming exchange students to campus to study for a semester or a year and over 1,300 NC State students back to campus who studied abroad in 2018-19. NC State had over 1,600 students study abroad this past year.
- The Global Training Initiative will help nearly 240 SKEMA students orient to campus this fall. SKEMA students from France pursue their studies on Centennial Campus, and the Global Training Initiative connects them with our university and the local community.
- The Intensive English Program welcomes 77 full-time and part-time students this fall who come to build a strong foundation in English skills that prepare them for academic studies and life in and out of the classroom.
The Office of Global Engagement hosted our Global Welcome event on Wednesday to celebrate the diversity and unique global perspectives of our new students. Students who are served by each of our units came together in front of the Belltower to take pictures with their country’s flag, play yard games, and make new connections.
Whether you’re a new international student or grew up in North Carolina, we have opportunities for everyone at NC State to get involved in global opportunities and share cultural experiences right here on campus.
- Join the English Conversation Club
- Attend an international film at the Global Film Series
- Participate in the Developing Cultural Competence Certificate Program
- Learn Japanese at the NC Japan Center
- Host a meal for international students through the Breaking Bread program
- Get involved in global health at the Triangle Global Health conference
- Join the Cultural Exchange Network for co-curricular global learning
Check out our calendar to stay up to date with all of our global events.