Outstanding Global Engagement Award
Accepting nominations until February 23, 2024
2024 Call for Nominations
This award recognizes outstanding accomplishments in globally engaged teaching, student support, research, extension, and/or outreach and economic development by faculty and professional staff members at NC State. Recipients of the Outstanding Global Engagement Award receive a plaque and $1,000 to advance their global work. Recipients are recognized each year at the Global Engagement Honors & Awards Luncheon.
This award is open to all current, full-time NC State faculty and professional staff members. Nominees should have a well-established record of advancing international education, research, outreach or other activities at NC State. Awards are given in three categories:
- Early-career faculty: Eight years or fewer regardless of track
- Senior faculty: More than eight years at the rank of assistant professor or higher
- Professional staff: NC State employees who’s work aligns with the goals of the award
Outstanding contributions may include:
- International research collaboration that advances knowledge, innovation, or the visibility and global network of NC State
- Enhancing global learning for our students through teaching, course design, program development and administration, advising, or other activities that prepare them for success in our interconnected world
- Accomplishments in international extension, outreach or economic development that address critical global challenges and advance NC State’s land-grant mission
- Service to international professional organizations, academic organizations, boards, or task forces
- International consulting, publications, or creative work
Note: Past Jackson Rigney International Service Award recipients are not eligible for the Outstanding Global Engagement Award. Previous Outstanding Global Engagement Award recipients are eligible to be nominated for the Jackson Rigney award in the future.
Nominations must include the following:
- Completed application form that illustrates the nominee’s outstanding contributions to global engagement
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae or resume, which should emphasize the impact that the nominee’s international activities have had on the NC State community
- Nomination letter from the college dean (for faculty) or lead unit administrator (for staff if outside an academic college)
The selection committee includes members of the International Operations Council.
- Nomination deadline: February 23, 2024
- Award announcement & ceremony: April 2024